AKT/600: 4 Day Safari to Selous and Mikumi
Follow Us On:
- Duration in days: 4
- Itinerary Category: Safari, Southern circuit
- Destinations: Selous Game Reserve and Mikumi National Park
- Major Attractions: Rufiji River
- Budget Level: Standard
- Guiding Language: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian
- Start point: Dar es Salaam
- End point: Dar es Salaam
- Essential items: Digital Camera with enough memory space and extra batteries, binoculars, light clothes, safari boot, mosquito repellents, sunhat, sunglasses with ultra violet radiation filtering etc
- Additional information: Night game drives in the park will be accompanied by game rangers
What You Will See At Mikumi and Selous
Itinerary Description By Day
Day 1 Drive from Dar es Salaam to Selous Game Reserve for a game drive
Distance: 218.6 km
On your first day of the safari you will be picked from your hotel or Airport in Dar es Salaam and start your safari to the Selous Game Reserve. It is quite far and you will have picnic lunch stop en route late afternoon arriving in Selous. Then proceed with evening game drive as you drive towards the lodge/tented camp. Dinner and Overnight will be at Camp in the nearby area at Rufiji River.
Day 2 Full Day Game drive at Selous Game Reserve
Day 3 Drive from Selous to Mikumi National Park for a full day game drive
Distance: 76.1 km
Have breakfast early in the morning and then drive from Selous to Mikumi National Park with packed lunch boxes. In Mikumi National Park expect to see animals such as Lions, Buffalos, Giraffe, Wildebeest, Zebras, Impalas, Warthogs, elephants, hippos, more than 300 bird species and various plant species. Have lunch enroute and continue with the late afternoon game drive until evening. Return dusty for dinner and overnight stay at nearby accommodation in Mikumi.
Day 4 Half Day Game drive at Mikumi then transfer to Dar es Salaam
Distance: 281.7 km
Early in the morning of this day you will have sunrise game drive from around 06:30 to 10:00 hours then will come back to the lodge/hotel for breakfast and start a transfer trip back to Dar es Salaam via Morogoro town. Have game viewing and lunch enroute. Dinner and overnight stay will be in your booked hotel in Dar es Salaam city.
Why Travel With Us
Great and Expirienced Staff
Custom Made Itineraries
Provide tailored itineraries to suit personal interest. Above all, create a meaningful and memorable safari experience.
Fair Refund Policy