Lemosho Route 8 Days Kilimanjaro Climbing
8 Days Lemosho Route is a remote, unspoiled and very beautiful route to the Roof of Africa. The forest around the Lemosho Glades is rich in big game animals such as elephant and buffalo, which may sometimes require a game ranger to accompany climbers on the first day. This route is however a long route which requires 7-days for a comfortable completion, which also makes it more expensive.
8 Days Lemosho Route Itinerary.
The Lemosho Route is typically completed in 8 days. This is a great option if you want a longer trek for acclimatization. It connects with the Machame Route at Shira 2 Camp. The drive to trail head is about 3 hours.
Day 1: Arrival in Tanzania – drive to Moshi.
Day 2: Londorossi Gate to Mti Mkubwa Camp
Day 3: Mti Mkubwa Camp to Shira 1 Camp
Day 4: Shira 1 Camp to Shira 2
Day 5: Shira 2 Camp to Lava Tower to Barranco Camp
Day 6: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
Day 7: Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 8: Barafu Camp to Uhuru Peak to Mweka Camp
Day 9: Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate to Arusha.
Day 10: Departure from Arusha to Kilimanjaro Airport
Items for extra costs:
2) Oxygen cylinders $70 (1 for every 2 guest) per trip
3) Pot a potty $100 (for every 5 pax) per trip
4) Hyperbaric bag $250 per group per trip
5) Sleeping bags and pads $25 per trip
Additional costs for tips.
The regular tipping amounts on Kilimanjaro:
$15 to $20 per day per guide
$10 to $15 per day per cook
$8 to $10 per day per porter
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- 2 night’s hotels, one in Moshi and one in Arusha
- Single tent options
- Kilimanjaro entry fees
- Camping fees
- Rescue fees (by car)
- Transfer to and from the mountain
- Certified, experienced, English-speaking guides
- All meals on the mountain
- Sleeping Tents and mess tents
- Sleeping mattresses
- Cooking and eating utensils
- Tips for guides and support staff
- Sleeping bag and personal items
- Private portable toilet and privacy tent
- Personal expenses (visas, airport taxes, Internet, etc.)
- Extra activities
- Oxygen tanks
- Extra nights ($310 per person per extra day)
- And all not listed above